The Undergraduate Minor in Cybersecurity from the department of Information Systems, College of Business Administration is a five-course (15 credit hours) program. It is designed to help students from all backgrounds achieve a foundation in Cybersecurity. It provides students the flexibility to focus on technical and/or managerial aspects of Cybersecurity. The program also allows students to choose from a range of electives based on student interests.
This minor serves a broad group of managers, technical specialists, and professionals enrolled in any baccalaureate degree at UMSL. A prior background in information security is not required to enter this program. This minor is available to current undergraduate students with any major at the University of Missouri-St. Louis. Further, the minor may be added for up to two years following completion of any baccalaureate degree from the University of Missouri-St. Louis.
|Requirements: Four required courses plus one elective|
|INFSYS 3842||Data Networks and Security|
|INFSYS 3848||Introduction to Information Security|
|INFSYS 3858||Advanced Security and Information Systems|
|INFSYS 3878||Information Security Risk Management and Business Continuity|
|INFSYS 3868||Secure Software Development|
|CMP SCI 4700||Computer Forensics|
|CMP SCI 4780||Computer and Network Security|
|Total Courses (Credit Hours)||-||5 (15)|
- Students may substitute the above courses with other courses upon approval by the Chair of the Information Systems department. In all cases, 15 hours are needed to complete the Undergraduate Minor in Cybersecurity.
- A minimum of four courses must be taken in residence at UMSL.
- Students interested in electives from Computer Science (CMP SCI) must first contact the Chair of the Information Systems department.
Obtaining the Cybersecurity Minor:
- The Cybersecurity Minor is offered by the Information Systems Department and open to undergraduate students (from any major).
- To get a Cybersecurity Minor, please contact your undergraduate advisor to "declare" this minor
- Take requisite courses
- At the time of graduation, make sure Cybersecurity Minor is included on your graduation application
For more information contact Information Systems department chair: Dr. Dinesh Mirchandani (email@example.com)